Hardpoint: Slums, Summit, & Contraband
Control: Payload & Jungle
General CMG Rules
Wager/Ladder Instructions -- coming soon!
Proof Capture How-To -- coming soon!
For any other questions and concerns, please feel free to visit and chat with one of our live support agents from the button located at the bottom right-hand corner of every page of the website.
It is the responsibility of all members to know and understand all rules before scheduling any matches or entry to any tournaments. Rules are subject to change at any time.
If any rules or settings are incorrect, follow your games guidelines and be sure to capture in-game proof to present of what you're claiming. For example, A 1v1 Fornite match played on Squads requires in-game proof of their being teams of 3/4 instead of teams of 2 for us to take any action.
-Host of each map is listed in the match details page provided to you. For kill based Fortnite "Best of" matches refer to the section found under "Fortnite Rules and Settings."
-1nD(1 and Done) the best-ranked team in a wager/ladder or the team with the best/lowest seed in a tournament will host a single map match.
-Best of 3 or 5 (Bo3, Bo5) where you play a series of maps to win the majority of maps listed ( win 2/3 or 3/5 to win). The host will switch off from map 1 as described in the 1nD scenario above to the other team until the last map which is TBD (To Be Determined)
-Best of 3 or Best of 5 the last map is TBD and is determined by the total number of applicable values earned by each team during the previous 2 or 4 maps, for instance in Fortnite Team A had 6 kills across map 1 and 2, whereas team B had 7 In this instance team B would host map 3. These values vary by game so be aware of your game's rules, for instance in Call of Duty titles; This would be determined by the team with the most rounds.
-If the game has dedicated servers, the host must choose a server appropriate for the designated region of the match and host player. You may choose either NA or EU as those are the only regions supported by CMG. Failure to choose one of those server options can result in forfeiture. Do not host on Asia or Oceania.
- Host Invites the host of your match must add and invite their opponents though it’s encouraged everybody to do so to expedite the match getting played speedily.
-Ties In the event the total number of applicable score points won are tied, the team with the best rank on the leaderboard in a wager/ladder or lowest seed in the tournament on the leaderboard will host. You can find team rank by visiting the team page of each team.
Note: leaving a best of 3 or best of 5 matches before it's completion to play any other matches or tournaments may result in a forfeiture of your map/match.
1. A team has 15 Minutes from the scheduled match time to show for matches; failure to do so could potentially result in a forfeiture of the match. In the situation that the opposing team does not show up for the scheduled match, you MUST contact Live Support (Link located at the bottom right of all pages).
2. When alerted to a no-show the administrator will then contact your opponent at the 15-minute mark after the scheduled match start time. Your opponents will then have an additional amount of time to respond to the administrator and Join/Host (The additional amount of time is based on the administrator’s discretion).
3. Failure to follow the directions and the set deadlines from the administrator will result in a forfeiture of the match.
4. We do not accept messages between players as proof (Xbox/PSN messages, Twitter, etc.)
1. A team has 15 minutes from the scheduled match time to show for matches; failure to do so could potentially result in a forfeiture of the match.
2. In the situation that the opposing team does not show up for the scheduled match. You may then begin to record no show proof after the 15-minute mark after the scheduled match time. The proof video must be 5 minutes or longer that clearly shows a timestamp and you inviting your opponents multiple times then you can then report your win after that 5 minutes of recording. If your opponents then dispute the match, you can submit your proof in a wager match dispute ticket. If the proof is not clear enough the match may be cancelled.
3. We do NOT accept messages between players as proof (Xbox/PSN Messages, Twitter, etc.)
1. Proof may be acquired by recording situations and all matches. Keep in mind, may the situation arise where the opposing team makes a dispute, and you are unable to provide valid proof of winning the previous match, you risk the match being canceled.
2. All proof must be recorded with the capture device or uploaded using the console's (Xbox One / PS4) "share" system.
3. If you do not use the consoles DVR feature, you risk your proof being considered "Insufficient." We HIGHLY suggest you use your consoles DVR feature for proof.
4. If you are unsure what proof to gather in a certain situation, please note this in the ticket or ask the live support admin if your match is to be dealt with through live support. If we require additional proof the ticket may not be closed immediately; we will reply to the ticket so please check comments as much as possible.
1. When providing proof, you must post/send the direct URL in the ticket or live support. If the URL link supplied is not accessible the proof will not be counted or used in judgement of the ticket.
2. For proof to be considered valid, it must have the full scoreboard with gamertags and all applicable game information including the proof method used for the game, with the proof being clear enough for staff to read it.
3. Submitting fake, irrelevant, or old proof may result in a temporary suspension from CMG.
4. Any conversation may not be considered valid proof; this includes, but is not limited to: Twitter conversations, PMs, AIMs, Skype, or messages through Xbox Live or PlayStation Network. This means messages are NOT a form of valid
If a match gets escalated and the proof is unavailable within 48 hours of the match being finalized you risk the match being cancelled as we can not accurately decide the winner.
1. It is the responsibility of all teams involved in a match to report scores at the completion of their match. For wagers and ladders, teams must report the match within 120 minutes of completion. If a team reports within 120 minutes and the opposing team fails to do so, the outcome will be determined by the reporting team. The match outcome may not be overturned unless extensive proof has been supplied to our support team promptly.
2. If a team reports a win for no reason, it may result in a forfeit of the match, and they risk being banned. Teams should in this instance accept their loss to avoid further complications if they did in fact lose.
3. Ladder/Wager matches: if you report the loss for your team, CMG will not reverse and cancel the match. It is the responsibility of the reporter to report the correct score.
4. Tournament matches: if you do not win a match, we ask that you, please report the loss or accept your opponent’s report. Members that do not report or accept the report may be banned from competing in tournaments. Thank you.
1. In the case of a dispute, teams must submit a ticket with valid proof of their claims. If a team does not submit a ticket, in a reasonable amount of time, they are risking receiving the loss for the match. If a ticket is submitted late or not submitted at all, the match outcome will not be able to be overturned.
1. Tickets are handled in the order they are received. Please contact CMG support regarding any tickets that have been submitted. If the member that submitted the ticket is an Elite member, then they will have said that the user disagrees with any call the ticket may be escalated. The same admin and tickets will not review ticket. Escalation can only occur once per ticket.
Checkmate Gaming (CMG) is not liable to members that cannot make it to their match on time for ANY reason. It is the sole responsibility of each member to play their match on time. Issues include but not limited to; issues with game updates, server outages, network connection, power outages, online subscription deactivation, or emergencies. For all issues please visit live support located in the support tab of all tournaments.
We will no longer be sending no show messages through the PlayStation or Xbox messenger system. We have implemented a twitter linking that is now part of the joining tournament process. From this point forward, no show messages will be sent through Twitter. If your Twitter is not properly linked, and open to being contacted you may risk forfeiture.
YOUR GAMERTAG MUST BE CORRECT (in the event it does not match your match details page, it is the admin's discretion to forfeit the match)
The Gamertag or user identification that is active when tournament bracket generates is the Gamertag that will be displayed in the match details. If a member changes their Gamertag after the bracket generates, it will not update in the match details. Members are responsible for playing with the gamertag that is displayed in the match details.
Please note: If a member changes their Gamertag after the bracket generates, their Gamertag will update on their profile page. However, it will NOT update in the match details. Again, the gamertag that is displayed in the match details is the Gamertag that must be used.
PC Members playing in either PC or console tournaments if allowed must have their twitter linked at all times on the CMG account
Fortnite: If a match is started on incorrect gamertags, then teams have 30 seconds from the bus departing Spawn Island to leave the match before the results will stand as though played out normally with everything being correct.
A Clan Tag or proof identification system unique to your game can be found to the match details page. This is currently not required however, it does help to identify fake proof, as such if used correctly it will ensure accuracy in your match. We highly recommend you use the system we have supplied.
Please follow the regional guidelines for your tournament or wager matches, if it is an NA tournament or wager only NA players may compete same goes for an EU only tournament or wager, if you are found violating this you may be forfeited and in severe cases banned.
Teams can consist of all members being from North America or Europe. Teams can also be comprised of both North American and European players. You may choose either NA or EU as those are the only regions supported by CMG. Failure to choose one of those server options can result in forfeiture. Do not host on Asia or Oceania.
Due to routing distance/ping, we cannot guarantee adequate connection. Members that enrol into Global tournaments agree to these Conditions and understand connection issues are outside of CMG's control. Please follow the lag guidelines for your game in question if your issue is covered under them.
Amateur is defined as 0 gold trophies in the console/game in question. Any gold trophies for a console and game combination disqualifies you from entering that combination as an amateur on CMG. Example, If you have won a gold on PS4 Fortnite then you are no longer an amateur for PS4 Fortnite however, if you have never won a gold on XB1 Fortnite then you are still an amateur for XB1 Fortnite just not PS4 Fortnite.
Account ringing in a tournament will result in a ban as it is against the competitive nature of an amateur tournament.
If a user is found to be cheating via software or hardware in a CMG match in any way they risk forfeiture and a ban. The user can also be requested to replay their match with specific instructions from the admin. The particular instructions can include allowing an admin to spectate, or issue a handcam unless explicitly outlined as allowed, for instance, the use of a keyboard and mouse is allowed on Fortnite as the game itself allows the use of it, However, it is not for any other console game. (See below for more detail)
To ensure fair competition, CMG holds the right to modify any match-related rules listed herein on a case-by-case basis. Teams who manipulate these rules maliciously and at the expense of other members can be penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct. Unsportsmanlike conduct includes but is not limited to any form of cheating or exploitation of the game.
Matches & tournaments after 12:00 AM EDT 10/3/18
In non-crossplay PS4 lobbies if you are found to be using a keyboard and mouse having brought the lobby into a PC lobby you will forfeit. Supply video proof of your starting lobby showing the keyboard icon next to their name when the match has started as evidence of breaking this rule.
Outside of a Non-crossplay PS4 match or tournament, you are currently free to use keyboard and mouse.
No warm-up replays for fun or practice games are allowed. If a match is played before the scheduled time, it will not be considered a warm-up and may count as the official results. We recommend you do not play your opponent again for fun after your official match as your opponent could use this to submit fake proof.
In some titles such as Call of Duty before your match start time you may request a free for all on your host's connection to test for lag.
If any of these supplied rules contradict with rules found for the individual game rules supplied by CMG you are to follow the specified rules designated for the game itself.
Any attempt to play a non-supported game or mode on CMG may result in an unfavourable decision in the event of a dispute.
Black Ops 4: Blackout Rules
Players in a 1v1 join up as a doubles team and queue up to play together
Players in a 2v2 queue up as a quad team of 4,
Failing to host on the proper mode, duos on a 1v1, and quads on a 2v2 will result in a forfeit if the non-hosting team can supply proof in-game proof of it being on the wrong playlist.
In both instances, the players then play the game mode supplied in the match details such as Survival, Battle Royale, Dropzone etc. Read the game modes below for mode-specific information.
In all instances communicate with your opponent to figure out the winners, please supply your opponents with video proof of your claims attempting to falsify or fake your win in any way can result in an immediate ban.
Fortnite Battle Royale , BO4 Blackout
All maps must be played and the kill count is tallied at the end of the games. The team with the most kills after the games combined determines the winner.
If you kill, damage or hinder your CMG opponents in any way you are at risk of being forfeited or in rare instances the match may be replayed at the administrator's discretion.
The act committed must have had an immediate and drastic effect on the match, this must be clear and visible in your proof.
In order for sabotage to occur, you must have had a chance to win mathematically.
In all instances communicate with your opponent to figure out the winners, please supply your opponents with video proof of your claims attempting to falsify or fake your win in any way can result in an immediate ban.
+PLAYERS NEED TO SUPPLY VIDEO PROOF OF THE END OF THE GAME SHOWING THEIR OPPONENTS PRESENT IN THE MATCH AND THEIR OWN ENDING KILL COUNT
+ For a tie in the number of kills, the team that stayed alive longer will receive the win for the match.
+ If both teams receive a win the match and the kills are tied, the match should be replayed.
Disconnection 30 seconds after the touchdown or when up in kills can be replayed if and only if valid proof of a disconnect is supplied. If in a 2v2 and your teammate disconnects with valid proof in order tog et a replay you must also leave the match immediately.
If in a 2v2 and your teammate disconnects and you are up in kills and can supply legitimate proof of a disconnect you must leave immediately and come to live support and supply this proof to a live support administrator so they can issue a replay if the proof supplied supports this. In a ticket supported match please do the same but supply this proof of disconnect and being up in kills.
GLITCHES & LAG
If you experience lag or a glitch that affects your game you must play out your match and an administrator at the end of your match will decide based on the proofs you've supplied whether or not to issue a replay or cancel.
Any cheating will not be tolerated and will result in a forfeit and ban if caught.
Rules are subject to change at anytime
Second PlaceCredits Back
*Final prize will be adjusted based on the total number of eligible teams seeded into the bracket.
Prize claims must be completed within 24 hours of the end of the tournament otherwise risk penalty of the prize.
Click here to process a Prize Claim. A claim can take up to 72 hours to be processed.
Players who reside in any of the below states are not eligible to receive and/or claim any prizes from CheckMate Gaming;
General Online Tournament Rules
CheckMate Gaming organizes online tournaments with these stated official rules. Each tournament, rules, prize rules, dates and any other specific information/details may be provided at the time of each tournament. A participant agrees to abide by these final and obligatory rules and choices of CheckMate Gaming staff/partners when participating in any online tournament.
Each individual tournament will be held on the scheduled dates provided by CheckMate Gaming LLC.
How to Enter a Tournament
In order to participate in a CheckMate Gaming tournament you must be a registered participant. Tournament registration is open until all tournament spots are filled – the number of spots per each individual tournament is stated on the tournament page within the website.
For a tournament entry to be considered valid, participants must provide all necessary/requested information. Incomplete or more than one entries will see the participant as disqualified - one entry per person per tournament. All entries become the property of CheckMate Gaming and will not be acknowledged or returned. Please note that CheckMate Gaming is not responsible for any lost, late, incomplete, or misdirected entries.
Eligibility & Limitations
All participants must be legal residents of the United States of America, unless otherwise stated. Participants must be at least eighteen years of age as of the entry date. Children under the age of eighteen years are not permitted to register on this site for any tournaments or competitions. CheckMate Gaming will not knowingly collect information from children under age 18. CheckMate Gaming reserves the right to request proof of age of winners as a condition precedent to prize award, by providing a copy of the winner's government-issued photo ID document and/or requiring submission to Checkmate Gaming of an affidavit of eligibility upon a form prescribed by Checkmate Gaming.
Only one (1) prize per household per tournament.
VOID IN ARIZONA, LOUISIANA, MISSISSIPPI, MONTANA, NEVADA, SOUTH DAKOTA, WASHINGTON (STATE) AND WHERE OTHERWISE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
CheckMate Gaming LLC. is not responsible for any incorrect/inaccurate information, whether caused by users of the site or by any of the equipment/programming associated with the site or in any tournament. Moreover by any technical or human error, which may have occurred in the registration process, tournament entries or in connection with any tournament including, technical limitations or other events that may result in the disqualification or loss of ranking status of any participant in any tournament. CheckMate Gaming does not assume any responsibility for errors, interruptions, deletions, defects/delays, or site/tournament communication line failures. Additionally CheckMate Gaming does not take any responsibility for any theft or destruction of unauthorized access to or modification of any registration entries.
CheckMate Gaming and its employees, affiliates, sponsors, partners, suppliers, will not be responsible or accountable for any indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages of any kind in any event.
All participating participants give CheckMate Gaming and its affiliates permission to use names, nick-names, gamer tags, and likeness in promotional associations of this and other tournaments, and waive any claims of royalty or right for such use, unless otherwise agreed upon or where prohibited.
Decisions & Conduct
By participating in the Tournament, participants agree to abide the rules of each specific Tournament. Participants further agree to be bound by the decisions made by CheckMate Gaming, its employees, its volunteers, and other personnel. Participants who fail to abide by posted rules and gain unfair advantage, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Inappropriate or unsportsmanlike behavior is prohibited. All decisions concerning disputes are final.
Prize(s) that may be awarded to eligible winner(s) are limited to one prize package per winner. A description of the prizes will be provided for each individual tournament. Prizes are non-transferable and not exchangeable for other prizes. In the case of an unavailable prize, in its sole discretion, sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal/greater value. All taxes, gratuities and unspecified expenses are the sole responsibility of winner. Winners assume all liability for use of their prize(s).
Each winner must submit a Prize Claim within seven days after the tournament has ended. Prior to receipt of prize, winners are required to follow CheckMate Gaming’s instructions and provide any necessary/relevant forms. If a winner has not followed the proper instructions or has not submitted any of the necessary/correct forms or discards his/her prize within 14 days after the tournaments end date, the winner will be considered noncompliant with these Official Rules and requirements, and such prizes will be forfeited.
Each winner is solely responsible for any and all applicable taxes. Participants who win over $600 in prizes will receive an IRS Form at the end of the calendar year and a copy of the form will be filed with the IRS.
CheckMate Gaming reserves the right to cancel and/or reschedule a tournament to a later date and time if for any reason a tournament is unable to be operated at its scheduled time/date.